This program prepares the children for Kindergarten. They are taught preparatory skills for Math and Reading. The children are also introduced to group situations, different creative centers, and group activities.
- Letters – Reciting the alphabet, recognizing the letters in their name, recognizing their written name
- Early reading and writing,
- Numbers and pre-math skills
- Phonic sounds
- Shape and color recognition
- Listening skills
- Social, emotional, intellectual, and fine motor development
- Creative movement
- Learning to use scissors, paint, and glue safely
- On a weekly basis everyone will be a “helper” with a job to do to build an understanding of responsibility and self-esteem
- Show and tell and book day will be every other week
- Help each child gain self-confidence
- Develop an interest in learning through enjoyable activities
- Gain an early recognition and understanding of the alphabet
- Recognize his/her own name, as well as others in the class.
- Develop awareness of the sound structure of the English language.
- Detect similarities and differences between sounds.
- Recognize and repeat rhyming patterns.
- Discriminate between spoken sounds.
- Encourage them to show kindness at home and school
- Give praise to each child for their accomplishments enabling them to feel happy and proud of themselves